Sunday, April 1, 2012

Let's Get Together!

There is something I feel you should know about me.

I don't like chocolate. 

I know. You don't have to say it.

I can eat a little chocolate every once and a while and I think it tastes great, but I don't crave it. I don't need it to survive. I could live without it.

That's why when I came across this recipe for Lemon Muddy Buddies, my heart skipped a beat.

Let me break this down for you:

If lemon bars and muddy buddies got together, this would be the result.



















In my opinion, these are so much better than the original muddy buddies.

Trust me. These will rock your world. 

Start with Rice Chex in a large bowl



















Then in a smaller bowl, combine margarine, white chocolate chips, lemon zest and lemon juice.




















After the mixture is melted, pour over the cereal and stir well.



Pour mixture into a bag and add powdered sugar. Shake well to coat.




















You need to make this immediately.




















I love that these are gluten-free and I can make them easily, unlike gluten-free lemon bars.




















Lemon Muddy Buddies

Adapted from Smashed Peas & Carrots

  • 9 cups of Rice Chex
  • 1 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup margarine
  • zest of a lemon
  • juice of a lemon
  • 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar


1. Put chocolate chips, margarine, lemon zest and lemon juice in a microwaveable safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir and put back in the microwave for approximately 30 more seconds. Stir until melted.
* Carefully (it's hot!) test the lemon mixture and make sure it suites your taste. I usually add another splash of lemon juice.

2. Pour mixture over cereal and coat well.

3. Transfer cereal to a bag and add in powdered sugar. Shake until coated.

4. Consume.

***

Give these a try. I promise you won't be disappointed. They are phenomenal.

Make sure to store them in an airtight container overnight. However, they probably won't last that long. 

Enjoy!

Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment