Wednesday, April 4, 2012

How Sweet It Is!

A few weeks ago, I spent some time in Boise, Idaho. It's a beautiful city and I am praying that everything falls into place so I can call Boise home. 

The only thing that Boise doesn't have is really good sweet tea. I think I've been spoiled living in the south. You can go anywhere and get some awesome sweet tea. 

I decided that I better come up with some kind of method to get good quality sweet tea no matter where I live. So, I took my mom's iced tea maker and did some experimenting. 

In my opinion, this stuff is better than Red Diamond and McAlister's. But, I may be biased. Who knows.




















First, pour in the specified amount of water. On the pitcher, there is a line that is marked "water." If you don't have an iced tea maker, I don't have a substitute. Yet. I will work on a recipe for sweet tea using another method.




















Then fill the pitcher with ice, up to the "ice" line.



















Next, pour between 3/4 cup - 1 cup sugar over the ice. This is the amount that works for me, but you might need more or less.

























Then in the top attachment, place 4 iced tea bags. I use Luzianne Decaffeinated Tea. I'm pretty sure I got it at Sam's Club.



















Put the lid on and press the on button. When the light goes off, take a glass of cold water and pour over the tea bags.



















Squeeze out the excess water from the tea bags. Now you can throw the tea bags away.


























Once all the water has drained through the top attachment, stir really well to dissolve the sugar.

























Southern-Style Sweet Tea

  • 4 Luzianne Decaffeinated Iced Tea Bags
  • 3/4 cup - 1 cup sugar
* I also use this method to make raspberry sweet tea. To do this, all you do is add 3 raspberry flavored tea bags to the 4 Iced Tea Bags.

***



















This is the perfect warm weather treat.  I definitely recommend bringing it to every single BBQ/party/get together you attend this spring and summer.

Like I said, if you would like to know how to make sweet tea and you do not have an iced tea maker, then leave a comment below letting me know. I would love to help out!

























Enjoy!

Kaci


No comments:

Post a Comment