Friday, April 6, 2012

Weekly Recap + Major Fail

Well, it's Good Friday and it definitely has been a good Friday (har har).

I've spent the day hanging out with my mom, playing tennis, eating at Freebirds & doing a little shopping.

I hope your Friday is going well!

1st try: Strawberry Arnold Palmer Slush. Recipe coming soon!

























Here's a recap of the week, just in case you missed any mouth-watering recipes.

On Sunday, I made lemon muddy buddies which seems to be a pretty big hit here at AIC.




















Monday was a wonderful burrito bowl with 2 bonus recipes! Can't beat that!



















Tuesday, I posted a banana bread cupcakes with cream cheese frosting recipe.
*These are not gluten-free.

























The best sweet tea made its appearance on Wednesday. I'm currently sipping on this. Yum.





















Yesterday, I gave you guys an awesome recipe for pesto pasta salad. It's a great side dish!





















While there is not recipe for today, I do want to share a story with you.

In a previous post, I mentioned that my dad basically would not eat Quinoa because he couldn't say it. And obviously, "if you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't eat it."

Ever since he said that, I made it my personal mission to make Quinoa for my dad. I had these visions of me serving Quinoa to him and he becoming smitten with one bite. He would dance around singing the praises of Quinoa and for once I'd be right and he'd be wrong.

So, I had an idea.

Key West Chicken with Grilled Pineapple on a bed of Quinoa.

I marinated and grilled the chicken, cut the fresh pineapple and grilled it, cooked the Quinoa and prepared the plate.




















Oh yeah. My dad is about to eat his words.


Wrong. 

It was terrible. The marinade was terrible. The Quinoa was bitter and mushy. After my dad's look of horror left his face, the look of "I told you so" made an appearance. 


There was nothing I could do for it. Nope. I couldn't even eat it.




















It was bad. I then made Lemon Muddy Buddies to redeem myself and regain my family's love.

Here's to hoping I won't have any fails this week!


Happy Easter!


Kaci


2 comments:

  1. Kaci,
    I love that you started a blog filled with gluten free recipes-and delicious ones at that! It can be very tiresome trying to come up with gluten free recipes that consist of something more than meat, rice and veggies..haha. Anyway, thanks for taking time to post recipes, they are very helpful=)
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah-

    Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I know what you mean. I was getting so tired of eating chicken, cucumbers and brown rice everyday so I decided to get creative. I'm so glad you've found this helpful!

    If you try any of my recipes, please let me know! I'd love some feedback!

    Kaci

    ReplyDelete