Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm Back!

It's been a long time since I've posted a recipe.

Turns out, the last few weeks of college is a bad time to start a blog.

I'm one final away from completing my undergrad and I'm so excited to have more free time to devote to this blog. So, thank you for being understanding and I hope this new recipe will make up for my absence!
















 



















This recipe is great because it feeds me (gluten-free) and my whole family (not gluten-free) with a minor omission. That's a win-win.

First, take some ground beef and brown it up.



















Then throw in a pepper, onion, steak sauce and beef stock and cook it all together.



















Put the mixture on some rolls, top with provolone cheese, broil and serve. 




















If you're gluten-free, then put the mixture on the plate and top with cheese.



















Philly Cheesesteaks
Recipe adapted from Pass the Sushi

  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 onion
  • 1 green pepper
  • 2 tbsp steak sauce
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • Provolone cheese
  • Hoagie rolls
1. Put olive oil in pan and brown beef.

2. Add in diced pepper and onion. Cook for roughly 5 minutes.

3. Add in steak sauce and beef stock. Simmer until liquid reduces by half.

4. Spoon on to hoagie rolls and place slices of provolone cheese on top. Broil the roll, meat and cheese until cheese is melted.

5. Place other half of roll on top and serve.

* Gluten-free - omit roll.

***




















This was such a quick and easy meal. It would be great for a busy weeknight!




















I love that this can easily be gluten-free, or adapted for the health conscious! By leaving out the roll, you can save around 200 calories.

And honestly, I didn't even miss the roll. 

My favorite part of this meal was the supporting cast.

Sweet Potato Fries for my mom and I...



















...and fries for the rest.


























For the fries, I coat the cut potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and grated parmesan cheese.

I baked them on a cooling rack at 400 degrees. I didn't set a timer. I just checked on them and pulled them out of the oven when they were how I wanted them.

 In the other corner, my favorite, roasted broccoli.






Olive oil, salt and shredded parmesan cheese. Baked at 400 degrees until they reach the desired consistency.




















Broccoli isn't really my favorite, but when it's cooked like this, I could eat it all day, everyday. 




















This was a great, filling meal that didn't weigh me down. I would let you know if it makes great leftovers, but there wasn't any leftover.

It's good to be back!

Enjoy,

Kaci

2 comments:

  1. That looks so yummy! Can't wait to try it out : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kadie-

    Let me know how it goes! Thanks for stopping by :)

    Kaci

    ReplyDelete