Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer Savings!

There a few ways that I know that summer is here.

1. Styling my hair becomes pointless.

2. Discounted 32 oz. fountain drinks at QuikTrip.

3. Overwhelming cravings for Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks.

The only problem with these glorious drinks from Starbucks is that I can only have one once a week. They are pretty expensive and I have a problem forking over $3.00 for a drink. To enjoy these suckers everyday, I'd have to forfeit my savings account and get a second job.

But I found a solution. No second job for me!

























This is literally the simplest thing ever. I'm about to save your bank account.



















That, my friends, is all you need. The price of the tea was almost the same as one drink at Starbucks. The whole box makes 48 servings.

48 x $3.00 = $144.00.

Or one box for roughly $3.50.

We just saved $140.50.

Let that sink in.

First, boil 1 quart of water.

While that is boiling, make 1 quart of lemonade and put it in the refrigerator.

























When the water reaches a boil, turn the heat off and add a tea bag. Steep for 5 minutes.




Remove the tea bag. You can either add sugar or not. If you want it sweetened, then obviously add some sugar. I prefer to omit the sugar. Then everyone can sweeten it to their tastes or leave it plain. 

Add the tea to the lemonade. 


Put it in the refrigerator and let it completely cool before serving. 

It's so refreshing and I don't feel guilty drinking it. 

This is definitely going to be a summer staple around here.


























Enjoy!

Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment