Friday, June 15, 2012

Pico De Gallo: Round 2


Awhile ago, I posted a recipe for Pico De Gallo to go with the Chipotle Bowls that I made. I love pico and I've been using it in place of dressing on salads, on top of chicken and pretty much everywhere else that is socially acceptable.

The other day I had a craving for some fresh pico. I then thought to myself, "how can I add some extra protein?"

Voila! This recipe was born.

It takes a little prep work and chopping but the results are phenomenal. This is the perfect side dish to bring to a cookout or to your Thunder parties!

It's so colorful, fresh and flavorful. You may want to double it though. I can promise you that it won't last long.






















Let me introduce the ingredients.

Lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, jalapenos, salt, red onion, canned sweet corn and black beans.





















First chop up 5 Roma tomatoes




















Drain and rinse the canned sweet corn. Add to the tomatoes.




















Chop up the onion and add.




















Drain and rinse the black beans, then throw them in there.




















Remove the seeds and dice up the jalapenos.




















Add cilantro, salt and lime juice. There are no specific amounts for these ingredients. Just add to taste.



















Stir together and refrigerate.
  



Pico De Gallo: Round 2

  • 5 Roma tomatoes
  • 1 small red onion (or 1/2 large)
  • 1 can sweet corn (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 3 jalapenos
  • Cilantro, to taste
  • Lime Juice, to taste
  • Salt, to taste
  1. Combine all ingredients. 
  2. Stir together and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
***
I'm so beyond obsessed with this. It's so light and refreshing and tastes so great. 



Enjoy!

Kaci

No comments:

Post a Comment